Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Estee Lauder Vivid Shine Lipstick Chrome Metal Effect in Guilded Honey

Estee Lauder has long been one of my favorite brands for lipsticks. Their lipsticks are always moisturizing, pigmented, and they even smell amazing. Keeping in with the trends for fall, Estee Lauder has recently released their The Metallics collection in store. This collection features the Metallic Magnified Eyes Trios of eyeshadows, the Liquid Molten Lip Lacquers, the Chromatically Hued Nails, as well as what's up for review today, the Pure Color Vivid Shine Lipstick in Chrome Metal Effect. I was sent the shade Guilded Honey for review.


While my first reaction to a chrome effect lipstick would be to back away slowly, I'm quite impressed with this lipstick. The effect isn't too "chromy" shall we say, and the heavy shimmer doesn't seem to settle in my lip lines too much. The chrome effect is actually flattering and it makes my lips appear a bit fuller. However, a chrome colored brown lipstick really isn't for me.

Truthfully, I can't say I would ever pick out brown lipstick for myself - the shade just never suits me. However, I can see this honey shade suiting someone who has a more olive skintone (like my mom, hi mom) perfectly. Just make sure to try the shade on in the store before purchasing if you're not sure!

* I have received this product for consideration but my opinions are always my own. I am not being compensated for this review and I always strive to review products with honesty.

2 comments: